Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sedona - Hike

The last day we were in Sedona we went for a hike on I forget the name but its really popular and so pretty. It was about a 3 mile hike. I've never been to Sedona, the colors of the mountains are so different from any other area in Arizona I've seen. We had to keep crossing the creek along the path, in the begining we were all avoiding getting our feet wet but when it became un-avoidable on the way back it really didn't matter. Some of those little branch/tree/rock bridges were pretty tricky I thought. Here's some pictures from our hike.



The road that takes you to the parking area to begin the hike was pretty (wine-dee), so on the way home around a corner was a huge sign that read -DAIRY QUEEN-. Cammie goes, Amber DAIRY QUEEN, my mom instantly slammed on her breaks and pulled over. So it went from a gravel road to a bunch of rocks, with dust flying up and that noise where tires hit rocks and slide. Pretty funny. So as we are eating our treats outside, about every 5 minutes was another car pulling off the road. We're like they saw DAIRY QUEEN!

1 comment:

jilliann said...

I love hiking and I've always heard sedona has really neat hikes! this looks like a really pretty one.